Saturday, June 16, 2012

The ON Yellow Maxi Dress

First I'll start by stating the obvious. Yes, I have bailed on the #PHOTOADAYJUNE challenge. While not one for excuses by wedding weekend did distract me from my mission and I lost my motivation. Hopefully in the months to come I will revisit a photo a day month project :)

Now to the Old Navy yellow/white striped maxi dress that I wore for our gift opening the day after the wedding



As seen here the dress hits perfect, slightly pooling at my feet, allowing for no heeled shoes to be worn!

My older sister always stepping in front of me ;)
Showing off our pedicures from Elements Salon and Spa

The dress has adjustable spaghetti straps and the bust fit true to size. This is surprising as ON dresses tend to run large in the busts of their dresses. 
The skirt of the dress was just loose enough to not create that potato sack look that us fatabulous girls know too well! If you carry a lot of your weight in your middle you shouldn't have a problem with it being too fitted. 
And, I didn't have to wear a slip or cami underneath it because the material wasn't too thin. 
It looks great with my three sisters and my new sister-in-law!

Striped-Jersey Maxi Dress - Old Navy
Willow Bay Plus Knit Cardigan - Shopko
Multi-colored Stone paired necklace - Unknown
Pearl plugs - Ark's Endeavors

This dress will be a staple in my wardrobe this summer. It can be dressed down with some flip-flops and a beach tote or up with some dressy sandals and a nice cardigan! It's a jersey dress so it doesn't have to be delicately laundered. And lastly, it's on SALE right now! 



2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this! I am on the fence about this dress; saw your comment in the reviews. I WISH they would use live models so we could see how it would fall on a real person, not a perfect plus-sized mannequin. I'd love to know your height/size so I could judge how it might fit me, but I know I don't usually like giving that info out myself, lol. So glad you posted this blog on ON; I will definitely follow it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Tina: I wish Old Navy would let customers that have purchased the item post a picture of what they look like in it! There's only so good of a picture you can get by reading a review alone. And to give you a better idea I'm 5'4" and 325lbs and again this is a 3X; runs large so I would suggest ordering one size smaller.

    ReplyDelete